For quick, easy guacamole, you will need:
- 2 avocados
- 1 medium clove of garlic
- lime juice of 1 lime or about 1 TBSP of concentrated lime juice
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) if your avocados are not totally ripe
Forget the chopped onion, tomatoes, cilantro, etc. Less ingredients means faster preparation. The buttery avocado flavor takes center stage, with a hint of garlic and lime.
1. Scoop out the avocados.
2. Mash in bowl.
3. Add lime juice.
4. Use a zester or fine grater to add a garlic clove.
Don’t add too much garlic.
5. Sprinkle in salt to taste.
6. Let flavors blend for about an hour before serving.
- If your avocados are not ripe, add in 1 TBSP of good EVOO.
- If they are really not ripe, you can put them into a food processor instead of mashing.
- If you added too much garlic, you can temper the sharp flavor with some extra salt & EVOO.
- If you used kosher salt, give the guacamole an extra stir after it has been sitting an hour, to really blend in the salt well.
Serves 2-4 people, depending on the size of the person and the size of your avocados.